Development Of Biotechnology And Genetic Engineering
The Forest Biotechnology Centre (CLB) was established pursuant to paragraph 58, Forest Biotechnology Centre, Plan of Action ( " Road Map " ) " Development of biotechnology and genetic engineering " , approved by Government Decision No. 1247-R of the Russian Federation, the timetable for the implementation of biotechnological and genetic engineering activities approved on 20 August 2013 by the Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation, the head of the Federal Forestry Agency, and in accordance with the letter dated 01 October 2013 from the Deputy Chief of the Federal Forestry Agency.
Main activities of the Forest Biotechnology Centre
1. Coordination of research institutes, universities, industry science and technology centres, regional biotechnology laboratories and other organizations in the field of forest biotechnology.
2. Participation in the formulation of strategic forest research programmes biotechnology and genetic engineering♪
3. Conduct of problem-oriented applied research and development.
4. Develop a bioresource base for sustainable forest development (protection and reproduction of forest genetic resources, new forms of trees, ...).
5. Application of biotechnology for forest management.